Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flight Day

Today is so exciting, we are finally going to China.... Whoa, it all seemed like such a good idea until I had to look into 12 eyes and  walk out the door.......tears, tears, tears.   Then these precious moment of reassurance from the kids.    Katie was burtsting with enthusiasm, even at 6am...Go Mom, GO!   Daniel said "Bring me back something cool" winking.  Josh took his ususal non-challant , oh Mom.  Alyssa bounded out the door to wait for the bus, 30 minutes early...hoping that would make the trip go faster.   Jon and James had their brave faces on . (My brave face wasn't holding up).   Then I went to my tradition I started when Josh went to kindergarten.  I kiss the palms of their hands, and slide their hand in their pocket.  Then I tell them, if you miss me, pull out your extra kisses from your pocket.  So I hugged, snuggled and kissed two sets of hands.  My throat was bulging from choking back the tears, my brave face was losing its battle.   Just then, James scooped up my hand, and loaded me with kisses, in case I needed them.....No need to choke back anything now, he was taking care of Mommie!!

ROUTE:  JFK to Tokyo 12hrs, 4hr layover, Tokyo to HongKong 6+hours, 7 hr layover, Hong Kong through Shanghai and onto Chengdu 8 hrs.   Arriving 3pm Sunday, 12 hrs ahead of US EST.